Advance with swimming confidence
Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
Developing quality stroke technique up to 100 metres, incorporating swimming skills learnt and combining them to develop a linked routine and complete successfully an obstacle course that combines a variety of swimming skills.
Stage 7 Swimming Outcomes
- Swim 25m backstroke
- Swim 25m front crawl
- Swim 25m breaststroke
- Swim 25m butterfly
- Perform a movement sequence of one minute duration, in a group of three or more, incorporating a number of the following skills: sculling – head first, feet first; rotation – forward/backward somersault, log roll; floating – star on the front/on the back, tuck float, create own; eggbeater – moving, lifting one or both arms out of the water link skill with strokes and sculls.
- Perform a sitting dive
- Swim 50m continuously using one stroke
- Swim 200m using a minimum of three different strokes
- Tread water using eggbeater action for 30 seconds
- Complete an obstacle course (using minimum of four objects) with feet off the bottom throughout