Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
Developing effective swimming skills including coordinated breathing; developing the water safety aspects and understanding of preparation for swimming exercise.
Stage 6 Swimming Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of preparation for exercise
- Sink, push off on side from the wall, glide, kick and rotate into backstroke
- Sink, push off on side from wall, glide, kick and rotate into frontcrawl
- Swim 10m with clothes on
- Swim front crawl to include at least six rhythmical breaths
- Swim breaststroke to include at least six rhythmical breaths
- Swim butterfly to include at least three rhythmical breaths
- Swim 25m choice of stroke is optional
- Perform a ‘Shout & Signal’ rescue
- Perform a surface dive
- Exit the water without using steps
This swimming stage is currently being taught in an active pool. The pool is 1.2m deep and is this depth all the way round.