Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
Developing safe entries including submersion, travel up to 10 metres on the front and back, progress rotation skills and water safety knowledge.
Stage 3 Swimming Outcomes
- Jump in from poolside and submerge
- Sink, push away from wall on side and maintain a streamlined position
- Push and glide on the front with arms extended and log roll onto back
- Push and glide on the back with arms extended and log roll onto front
- Travel on front, tuck to rotate around the horizontal axis to return on the back
- Fully submerge to pick up an object
- Answer correctly three questions on the Water Safety Code
- Travel 10m on the back
- Travel 10m on the front
Swimmers do not require flotation packs or buoyancy aids at this stage.