Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
Developing safe entries to the water, including jumping in, basic floating, travel and rotation unaided to regain upright positions. Swimmers may use aids, e.g. arm bands, floats etc.
Stage 2 Swimming Outcomes
- Jump in from poolside safely
- Blow bubbles a minimum of 3 times rhythmically with nose and mouth submerged
- Regain upright position from the back without support
- Regain an upright position from the front without support
- Push from wall & glide on the back
- Push from wall & glide on the front
- Travel on the back for 5 metres, aids or equipment may be used
- Travel on the front for 5 metres, aids or equipment may be used
- Perform a rotation from the front to the back to gain an upright position
- Perform a rotation from the back to the front to gain an upright position
- Exit the water safely
We provide swimmers with floatation packs and buoyancy aids for this stage.