Advance with swimming confidence
Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
We want to develop confident, independent swimmers who enjoy being in the water.
Stage 1 Swimming Outcomes
- Enter the water safely
- Move forwards for a distance of 5m
- Move backwards for a distance of 5m
- Move sideways for distance of 5m
- Scoop the water and wash face
- Be at ease with water showered from overhead
- Move into a stretched floating position using aids, equipment or support
- Regain an upright position from on the back
- Regain an upright position from on the front
- Push & glide in a horizontal position to or from a wall
- Take part in a teacher led, partner orientated game
- Demonstrate an understanding of pool rules
- Exit the water safely
This swimming stage is currently being taught in a lovely, warm hydrotherapy pool. The pool is 1.2m deep and is this depth all the way round. We provide swimmers with flotation packs and buoyancy aids for this stage.