Our swimmers advance to the next stage when they can confidently demonstrate every swimming skill at their level. We are proud that our swimmers can demonstrate sound swimming skills without hesitation. When all the swimming skills are achieved, we celebrate success with a certificate and badge!
Developing ‘watermanship’ through sculling and treading water skills, and complete rotation, also performing all swimming strokes to a competent standard.
Stage 5 Swimming Outcomes
- Perform a horizontal stationary scull on back
- Scull feet first sculling action for 5m whilst horizontal on back
- Perform a sculling sequence with a partner for 30-45 seconds to include a rotation
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Perform three different shaped jumps into deep water
- Swim 10m backstroke
- Swim 10m front crawl, face in the water
- Swim 10m breaststroke
- Swim 10m butterfly
- Perform a handstand and hold for a minimum of three seconds
- Perform a forward somersault, tucked, in the water
- Demonstrate an action for getting help
This swimming stage is currently being taught in an active pool. The pool is 1.2m deep and is this depth all the way round.