Adult and child swimming lessons in Bath for ages 2+
Through singing and playing games, children are encouraged to:
- To jump unaided but supervised in the water
- Submerge completely
- Rotate through 360°, horizontally or vertically
- Show a mushroom or a start float
- Travel without assistance 10 metres on the front or back
- Climb out of the water with assistance if required
Children wear flotation packs throughout this level and adults must be present in the water at all times. Children discover how to move through the water; promoting independence and encouraging confidence in the water.
Swimmers normally stay in this class for a few terms while they get used to the surroundings and routine. Your swimming instructor will advise you when your child is ready for the next stage. They look for each swimmer to be comfortable in the water and be able achieve all the activities above in a relaxed, happy manner.