Adult and child swimming lessons for 2+ years
Through playing games, children are encouraged to:
- Make a sitting entry with adult support
- Blow an object for a distance of 2 metres
- Using buoyancy aid, rotate 180° without assistance
- ‘Incy Wincy Spider’ move along the rail without assistance
- Travel 3 metres using arms and/or legs without assistance
- Submerge the face with confidence
Children wear flotation packs throughout this swimming level and adults must be present in the water at all times. Children discover how to move through the water; promoting independence and encouraging confidence in the water.
Your swimming instructor will advise you when your child is ready for the next stage. They look for each swimmer to be comfortable in the water and be able achieve all the activities above in a relaxed, happy manner.