Adult and swimming lessons for 3+ years
Through singing and playing games, children are encouraged to:
- Jump to an adult
- Kick 5 metres on the front holding a float
- Blow bubbles with mouth underwater
- Float on front OR back without support
- Travel 5 metres on front to the side of the pool
- Rocket shape on front or back when pushed to a partner
Children wear flotation packs for parts of this course and adults must be present in the water at all times. Children discover how to move through the water; promoting independence and encouraging confidence in the water.
Swimmers normally stay in this class for a few terms while they get used to the surroundings and routine. Your swimming instructor will advise you when your child is ready for the next stage. They look for each swimmer to be comfortable in the water and be able achieve all the activities above in a relaxed, happy manner.